The 25th China Hi-Tech Fair (CHTF), the largest and most influential science and technology exhibition in China, kicked off on November 15 in Shenzhen, Guangdong Province. The fair, themed “Innovation-Driven Development and Supply Quality Upgrade”, attracted more than 4,900 exhibitors from 44 countries and regions, showcasing cutting-edge technologies and products in various fields, such as 5G, artificial intelligence, biotechnology, smart city, and green energy.
CHTF Promotes International Cooperation and Exchange
As a platform for international cooperation and exchange, CHTF has been committed to promoting the opening-up and integration of China’s science and technology sector with the world. This year, the fair featured 16 national pavilions, including those from the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Japan, South Korea, and Israel, as well as 18 regional pavilions, such as those from Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan, and the Greater Bay Area. The exhibitors displayed their latest achievements and solutions in fields such as smart manufacturing, digital economy, health care, and environmental protection.
The fair also hosted a series of forums, seminars, and matchmaking events, where government officials, industry experts, and business leaders exchanged views and insights on topics such as global innovation trends, digital transformation, industrial upgrading, and cross-border cooperation. The fair aimed to foster dialogue and collaboration among different stakeholders and create new opportunities for innovation and development.
CHTF Highlights China’s Innovation and Development
As a window to showcase China’s innovation and development, CHTF displayed the achievements and progress of China’s science and technology sector in the past year, especially in the areas of 5G, artificial intelligence, biotechnology, and new energy. The fair also highlighted the role of innovation in driving the quality and efficiency of China’s economic growth and social development.
Some of the notable exhibits at the fair included:
- A 5G smart city application scenario from Intellifusion and Huawei, which demonstrated how 5G technology can enable smart transportation, smart security, smart governance, and smart life in urban areas.
- A face detection and recognition system from Arcsoft, which used deep learning and computer vision to provide accurate and fast face recognition solutions for various scenarios, such as access control, attendance management, and public security.
- An unmanned driving system from Deeproute.ai, which used lidar, radar, camera, and other sensors to achieve autonomous driving in complex urban environments, such as intersections, roundabouts, and tunnels.
- A smart trash sorting and recycling system from Ecovacs Robotics, which used artificial intelligence and robotics to automatically identify, classify, and dispose of different types of waste, such as paper, plastic, metal, and glass.
- A gene editing technology from BGI, which used CRISPR-Cas9 to modify the genes of plants and animals, such as rice, wheat, corn, pigs, and monkeys, to improve their traits and functions, such as yield, quality, disease resistance, and intelligence.
CHTF Celebrates Its 25th Anniversary
This year marks the 25th anniversary of CHTF, which was first held in 1999. Over the past 25 years, CHTF has witnessed and contributed to the rapid development of China’s science and technology sector, as well as the innovation and transformation of China’s economy and society. CHTF has also become a bridge and platform for international cooperation and exchange in science and technology, attracting more than 700,000 exhibitors and 12 million visitors from over 100 countries and regions.
To celebrate its 25th anniversary, CHTF launched a series of activities, such as a retrospective exhibition, a commemorative book, a documentary film, and a theme song, to review its history and achievements, and to look forward to its future and vision. CHTF also announced its new logo, slogan, and mascot, to reflect its new image and mission.
CHTF will continue to uphold its motto of “Displaying Advanced Technologies and Promoting Commercialization of Scientific and Technological Achievements”, and strive to become a leading and influential science and technology event in the world.